Friday, February 26, 2010

Scrapbooks

I find that I get the urge to start working on another scrapbook before I've managed to finish the last one I started - this is a really bad habit that needs to go away. I will say I am one of the few people I know who has finished their wedding album. Although, I'd be lying because I have a few pages somewhere in the middle left undone and some writing that needs to be added here and there, but it is presentable as-is so I am telling everyone it's done. I also have our first year (the dating year) book done - with the exception of some things I want to change, some text I need to add, and a few things from about 2 months before our wedding. Ok, so that wouldn't qualify as "done"....it's just so close to it that I often forget that one isn't done. I have ONE page and possibly some text left for our honeymoon album and that book is fairly skinny so I am wondering if I should finish off the calendar year in that book or start a new one? It's a bit confusing to me where I should start and end my books. I think that's what causes me to stop working on them. It's not an excuse though because I could work on the pages and move them around later. I think it'd be silly to use an entire album for the last 3 months of the year just so that I can actually have "year books" after then. Oh decisions, decisions. I have a lot of books I need to get done so hopefully I can force myself to sit down and work on them. The only issue with that is that when I force myself to do it, they tend to not look as good. It's a mood thing I guess.

Here is what I have left to get done:
1) 1st year book - modify a few pages, add events in last few months before wedding.
2) Wedding - Finish/add remaining pictures/pages to middle of album, finish text.
3) Honeymoon - Waterfall pictures/page and text
4) End of 2006??? (maybe I'll tack this on to the 1st year book??? honeymoon book?)
5) Puerto Vallarta - start album
6) Cruise - Travel day and 1st cruising days are done, next: Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and home)
7) Cabo - DONE (this one is a digital book, which I am still not sure I like)
8) 2007 - do
9) 2008 - do
10) 2009 - do
11) 2010 -do

Well.. lots to do. I don't like the digital albums for vacations and bigger events, but I am thinking about doing the 12x12 digital albums for the yearbooks - they are a lot skinnier and I can add to them as I take the pictures - no need to print anything until I get the entire book printed.. plus I can do individual pages and put them in a fancy album if I want to... we'll see. I want to get the vacation books done before the year books though - I have a TON of bright, tropical etc papers, stickers etc. so the sooner I get those books done, the sooner I have less scrap-booking supplies lying around.

Just whats on my mind. Maybe reading this later will push me to work on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment