Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kenidee's Project

I was so excited about how this project turned out and wanted to post it right away, but it was a gift for a friend of mine and I didn't want her to see any of it until she opened it up! I finished making these a few weeks ago and mailed out the package to her on Monday and she just got it today and opened it up. She really loved the gift and said she was in tears! This made me very happy because that was the reaction I was going for! A lot of my friends who knew I was up to something were interested to see what it was. So here is the project I made for baby Kenidee Oubre and her Mommy Nicole!

I got this idea from my friend Sheena, she added ribbons to a cute wall hanging she purchased to clip on all of the little bows girls end up with to keep them in one place, while doubling as cute art work for a little girls room. I just decided to make the whole thing from scratch!
Kenidee
..and of course not every hair accessory can be clipped so I just HAD to make a treasure box for all of those other little things girls need and love! This is the front and top of Kenidee's treasure box.
Kenidee
The back of the box.
Kenidee
And the inside with a mirror on the lid and a quote at the bottom that reads: "Follow your heart wherever it takes you, and be happy. Life is brief and very fragile and only loaned to us for a while. Wake up every morning with the thought that something wonderful is about to happen."
Kenidee
Of course Mom needs something to keep all of those little things in to remember how little her baby once was (cause unfortunately they don't stay little forever). So this is what I made for Nicole to put the hospital tags in, her first pair of shoes, bows, pictures and all of those little baby things!!
Kenidee
One side of the box reads "A Child is a Gift. A child to hold and cuddle, 'tis a gift from God above. And the world is so much brighter, when you have a child to love."
Kenidee
The other side reads "Nothing in life can hold more joys or more tears, can make you more proud or more tired, or give back more rewards than being a mother."
Kenidee
And inside the box reads "A mothers joy begins when a new life is stirring inside...when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the first time and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone."
Kenidee

I love being crafty, especially when it's for someone else.

2 comments: