Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 1 of 1001

So today is my start date for my 101 things in 1001 days list. My status so far? Well...

1.Get a job, any job...and then what I really want when it becomes available!
I've managed to land an interview at the Macy's in Temecula. The interview is set for October 6th. I am so excited about this interview so wish me luck! I have been out of work since April, collecting my unemployment, applying for job after job, and sitting on my ass the rest of the time. I need to get up and moving and hopefully making more than what my unemployment is. I'll keep you posted.

14.See a Broadway show live at least once.
Well I think this should have read "an Off-Broadway show" My husband bought us tickets (for my birthday) to see The Lion King at the Civic Theater in San Diego on October 20th. I love him!

61.Update my address book with as many friends and family members as possible
 62.Add friends and families birthdays and anniversaries to calendar (with years)
I've started this process, it's just taking a while for my family and friends to respond to my inquiry.

93.Improve posture (get back brace thing)
I've ordered the back brace and should be getting it this week. It basically pulls my shoulders back thus improving my posture and eliminating the potential for lower back pains. I have wanted to correct my posture for a long time and after seeing a few recent candid pictures of myself it made me WAY more motivated to do so. I look like the stick version of The Hunchback.

98.Get 4 tickets to Ellen show
I managed to put in a request for tickets to this. They offer them three months in advance of show dates and tends to fill up fast. Once the request is put in, the producers call on a first come basis. So now I am just waiting for a call. The show I was able to request for was October 26th, but if they don't call then I get nothing and have to try again.

100.Update my blog when I complete items on this list [0/101]
So far so good, although nothing is 100% complete yet.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope you get the job. And I love your update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I may do an update on the first of every month. Sounds like a good time frame for enough to have been checked off. Yay for Google calendar with SMS/Email reminders.

    ReplyDelete