Wednesday, November 17, 2010

86. Get a massage

YES!!! I've finally had a professional massage!! Yippie! It was great!!

This past weekend my new local girls and I got together for a girls weekend. We spent the weekend at The Resort on the Mountain in Mount Hood and all got spa treatments. It just so happened that during the same weekend there was a wine, art and music festival so it totally worked out perfectly.

I will have to admit I was a bit intimidated to get my spa treatments - naked, under a small and thin blanket with a complete stranger touching me - eek!! The Resort had a spa package where you could mix two treatments for a lower price (so naturally we all did this). The first treatment I had was The Earth Cocoon "a re-mineralizing and detoxifying wrap purifies the body, mind and spirit." It was really interesting, they cover you in a type of mud and then wrap you up like a baked potato (with mylar film) then you lay there all wrapped up while the masseuse gives you a scalp treatment with a lavender-mint conditioner. After the treatment is done they unwrap you and shower you off with small wash clothes covering your special places. It was a nice treatment, once you get over the awkwardness of being naked (but not exposed). The second treatment I got was the Mountain Spirit Massage, which is your basic run of the mill massage that could be customized per your individual needs. Since I had never had a professional massage before I just let the masseuse do his thing. Yes... I said, "HIS"....a large black man was my masseuse. I was a bit intimidated to be honest but he was nice, gentle and I had to keep telling myself he's a professional. In the end it was SO worth it (once I got over the idea of a male stranger with his hands all over me). 

Call this one DONE. If you've never had a professional massage I strongly suggest you get one!! Spoil yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment