Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Recipes: Bacon Wrapped Asparagus and Chicken

I have two new recipes for you! Both of them turned out great and made a good meal with a side of mashed potatoes (and the sauce from the chicken makes a good gravy for the taters).

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
  • 1/2 Lb Bacon
  • 1 Lb Fresh Asparagus
  • Olive Oil
  • Pepper
  • Salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 400*
Prepare asparagus spears by cutting or snapping off the bottom 1-2 inches.
Starting just under the tender tips, wrap the bacon in a spiral motion down the asparagus. I used one piece of bacon and wrapped it around 2-3 spears of asparagus (an alternate method is to cut the bacon in half length-wise and use two cut pieces per spear).
Place spears, seam side down if possible, on a rimmed baking pan. Lightly coat with olive oil and pepper to taste. Use salt sparingly or not at all.
Roast at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is cooked to desired crispness.

My husband and I LOVED bacon wrapped asparagus. We are huge asparagus eaters and wrapping them in bacon just made it even better. I would eat these as a snack or they'd be pretty fun to bring to a pot-luck party (in which case I would do the individual spear method).

Bacon Wrapped Smothered Chicken
  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 4 slices of bacon
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • Salt/Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wrap each chicken breast in 2 strips of bacon and place in a glass 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and soup. Cover the chicken with the sour cream/soup mixture and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until slightly brown on top. Let cool and serve on top of hot, cooked rice if desired.  

I used chicken tenders (4-6) and used one piece of bacon per tender, I also didn't have any sour cream so I used a little bit of milk to make the soup creamier. It turned out pretty good, but I would suggest making sure you have the sour cream as it adds just that little bit more flavor. Overall it was really good and will be something I'll make for future dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment