Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthaversary Phase 1 (and stuff)

My Mom's Birthday is August 23rd, Dads is October 16th and their Anniversary is November 18th.

Craig and I thought it'd be awesome to do a "little" project to celebrate my parents "Birthaversary" this year. My Mom had surgery on her spine on Tuesday so we also wanted to spend time visiting with her and I really wanted to do something that would help her get her house ready for Thanksgiving company. We decided to texture, paint, and install base boards in two of the rooms in their house. We both arrived at different times on Friday night. I arrived sometime around  3:30pm and my bestest Krystle came over because she wanted to make her Halloween costume and we needed to get the materials! We went out to JoAnns, Starbucks, Jack in the Box and then finally back to my parents. My Mom was expecting two of her sewing friends to come over to visit her so this worked out perfectly, since my Mom wasn't able to do much, her friend Carol helped Krystle cut out the pattern for her costume. Once that was done my Moms friends left and Krystle, Craig and I all left to see Couples Retreat and to finally meet Krystles boyfriend, Angel (whom I totally approve of). We got home about 1am and went to bed.

The next day we started what is now called phase one of Birthaversary. Over the course of the weekend we textured a total of two walls and then painted them, painted the base boards and installed them on those two walls. My Mom loves it so far and that is motivation enough to finish the rest of this project before Thanksgiving. I will post pictures of the final product once all phases are done, as I don't want to spoil the before and afters.

In other news, my friend Laurel works at Warner Springs and said that she could get me a few days of work with her (paying cash) so I took her up on the offer and spent today packing boxes and boxes and boxes of GoVino wine glasses with her. Going from minimal activity to this sudden burst of constant movement, lifting, getting up early, staying up late etc... is taking it's toll. I am SO exhausted physically but mentally I am keeping myself moving. It's nice to have something to do during the day. I will be joining her again tomorrow for the same thing and possibly more times in the future. Apparently there are 5 more pallets of unfolded boxes that need folding and packing into the shipping boxes for orders that come through. It's a lot of standing and repetative motions with my wrists and arms but it's money. I am still unemployed though.

No comments:

Post a Comment