Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 62 of 1001

Day 62 of 1001 status update of the list.

1.Get a job, any job...and then what I really want when it becomes available!
Well I worked a total of six days over the course of four weeks (the third of which I was sick and didn't work) with my friend Laurel packing wine glasses. All of the money I earned for that was "under the table" and has since been put toward "79. Pay off credit cards" so it was very beneficial to get this small side gig. I am hoping in the future they have little odd jobs for me to do so I can get a little more extra cash!

9.Attend a meet up for digital scrap booking [11/6/09]
I finally ended up going to one of these meet-ups, read about that here. I also managed to finish the book that I had a credit for. It turned out pretty well but I learned that I need to be a bit more careful when I proof future projects, there are a few things that bother me about the book (but they only bother me it seems).


28.Bake a different cake, cookies, muffins or brownies once a month [2/32]
Made Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, which were very good. They were made with yogurt so it kept them really moist for days!

30.Paint my toe nails a new color each month [2/32]
I painted my toe nails a deep red shade this month. Not too fancy for a picture.

31.Wear my hair down at least once a week [in progress]
I actually went and had my hair cut and since then have worn my hair down more than once a week this past month, actually I think I've worn my hair down more than I have up!! It's had mostly good days but some bad ones in there too.

34.Get my art work/pieces framed [1 done, countless remaining]
I finally got my favorite flower that I drew my freshmen year of design school framed! It's done with pastels and very very chalky and when we moved I was afraid it'd get damaged. I've been babying it for over six years and it's been stuck to the walls with thumb tacks - it's about time I got it framed!! I still have several other things that need to be framed but they are currently packed and sitting in our storage unit. I may pull a few things at a time to get them framed though, I know of a few that we could actually hang up in our room.

38.Make everyone's gifts for one Christmas
I made soap (I also bought gifts, this was just for fun).
101 things
I also made my Dad's gift which I will post up after Christmas, although I may not cause I might just market the idea!!!

55.Have an outing/event with a minimum of two friends once a month [2/32]
Went to see New Moon with Krystle, Craig, Amber, & my brother the day after Thanksgiving.

62.Add friends and families birthdays and anniversaries to calendar (with years)
Horray for facebook and a big chunk of my family (and friends) for posting their birthdays publicly and sharing their anniversaries with me. I got a big chunk of this done just by hitting up the events page!!

79.Pay off credit cards [ONE left]
Huzzah... only one left between the two of us and it's below the $1k mark. Wahhooo!! I just made one payment on it today and hoping to make a second and final payment before December's end. Good way to kick off the new the year, don't ya think?!

83.See Michael Jackson's 'This is It' in theaters
Failed. The time line just didn't work out in my favor. If any theaters happen to be playing it still, I'll go soon.

84.See New Moon with at least 3 friends
We went and saw New Moon on 11/27 and it was much better than the first movie, but not great. The on screen chemistry is still NOT there for Edward and Bella. I think that's the part that bothers me the most because in the books you fall in love with their type of love and it's just not believable. And of course they cut parts of the book out and modified bits here and there, which is understandable to get it into a decent movie time. Although I wouldn't mind a 5 hour movie with an intermission.

89.Sell all of the items we currently have on craigslist [4/6 +Misc]
I managed to sell 4 items in one week. I still have 2 higher priced items up for sale on craigslist. Hoping to sell them soon. The money I got for the 4 items also went toward "79. Pay off credit cards".

91.Make a chore/errands schedule (and stick to it)
I have yet to make a chore/errands schedule because of where we're living now. It's difficult to plan when I am going to clean something because my in-laws don't have a set schedule of when they clean or do things, they just do (and tend to do, before I do).

92.Take 30 minutes everyday to do a chore/clean
I haven't done this either, but I have been keeping up with picking up after myself and my husband. I have yet to be overwhelmed with multiple cleaning tasks, so I feel good about where I am at on this one!

Not too much completed when I look at the entire list, but I have quite a while to get things checked off. Hopefully 2010 will be better to all of us and I can get cranking away on the list faster and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment