Saturday, August 28, 2010

Second Hand

Here are some items I picked up at Goodwill & Salvation Army (same day). Overall total for everything was $20! Some of these I've already made-over (below) and some I will eventually make over so keep checking in.


 The largest frame in the back I ended up spray painting black and created a piece of art with some more recycled work materials. At my previous job we were able to order free yard samples of wall covering - I found this really cool zebra-esq paper and had no need for it professionally but I knew I'd want to make something of it. I also took a smaller sample and cut out a little heart to create more interest. It's all mounted on foam core cut to fit the frame. Took me about 20 minutes from start to finish.



I also spray painted the accordion wall pegs and some candle holders that I got second hand from my mother in law, they used to be an antiqued white (forgot to take a before picture of those, but you get the idea).



I have a new found love the Goodwill Outlet store - and it's right down the street! They sell items by weight and we found a few pieces of decent furniture, each needing their own mini-makeover for under $10 each (but did not buy). Although, be warned: you need a good amount of hand sanitizer and perhaps some pepper spray to feel safe!!

1 comment:

  1. Again, gorgeous! You are so good with colors, I am not surprised. I recently spent 3 hours at a thrift store and love them!


    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete