Tuesday, October 26, 2010

54. Sofas & 56. Bedroom Furniture

I thought I'd combine these two goals from my list as they are #1 not completely all that interesting and #2 they happened right around the same time as one another, which was totally not expected but totally welcome. 

54. Get sofas for living room:

We finally ordered sofas for our living room! Yay!! No more sitting on a really uncomfortable camping chair that smells of many bon fires! WooHoo! We ordered them on 10.11.10 and they were finally delivered on 10.26.10. They are super comfy and feel like velvet (that'll be fun with the dog hair). I plan on making some pillow covers in a coordinating (but not brown) pattern, in addition to making a few more pillows just for decor purposes. What do you think?! Now I just need to cross off goal number 55: "Get entertainment unit/living room storage" for our living room to be more complete.

56. Get bedroom furniture:

We totally did not expect to be getting bedroom furniture for a few months - probably after the holidays to be honest. We wanted to pay off our current debt (the mattress and the sofas) before even looking at furniture sets but, being a huge craigslist shopper I was up late browsing the furniture section just for kicks. I had no luck finding anything interesting at all when all of a sudden I saw "4 piece bedroom set: $150" I thought: ok it's going to be crap but I'll look anyways. This is what I found:

Sooooo awesome! I sent the seller an email before I went to bed thinking "there is no way they will still have these by tomorrow at THAT price!" I woke up the next day, checked my email (good news, obviously), we ran to the bank and then met the seller to check out the pieces. He agreed to deliver them for an extra $20 which wasn't a big deal at all. All of the pieces have zero scratches, scuffs or nicks; all of the drawers slide wonderfully and are even lined with shelf paper; all of the pieces are CLEAN and in brand spankin' new condition. I was amazed! The coolest part of this bedroom set (aside from the price) is that the lines and style are exactly what I was looking for! The original picture from the seller they appeared to be a lighter shade of red, but once we got them into place they are a bit darker which is perfect for our taste!!

LOVE craigslist and LOVE Craig for letting us get these!!

PS - I know these pictures aren't that great, but maybe I'll take some better ones when the rooms are both more complete!!! Stay tuned!

1 comment: