Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Latest in Thrift Store Finds

I thought I'd share our latest thrift store finds and what my plans are with them. The first collection was found at a combination of about four different thrift stores. You'll see the glass jars in an upcoming post so I'll leave those a mystery! The bamboo looking thing is actually a really nice table runner that I found for a buck. I wasn't looking for a table runner but for a whole dollar I couldn't pass it up. I also found the Pampered Chef spoon rest (the white bowl thing with the metal base), my mother in law had one and I always liked it. I got that for a buck fifty and it's in brand new condition. The portion of the frame you see is for a project in our bedroom, I've been looking for an empty frame large enough for a project I've been thinking of - it'll have something to do with my jewelry. The spoon, small mirror and potato masher aren't interesting so I'll skip on by those....

 ....and move right on to this beauty. I found her sitting on a shelf all alone and I felt SO bad for her that I just had to take her home. I spent three dollars on her scary little face. I can only imagine the story behind her. She looks as if she was thrown at something due to the nature of her injuries: her poor nose is chipped off as well as a portion of her right eye. I fixed her eye with a little bit of white nail polish and now she sits proudly (and creepily) on our mantle. Eventually she'll make her way to another place in our house but for now that is where she'll be. Looking over us with those creepy eyes.
 The last item we found (well that I am posting about) is this ottoman. Four bucks. We actually found three of the exact same ottomans but only brought home one. I didn't realize our dogs would love it so much - BOTH of them have taken turns curling up on it. For that reason I wish we had purchased two of them. Oh well. I intend on re-upholstering it, as soon as I figure out how.

2 comments:

  1. What until you see what I do with all of it! :-) One of these projects is in the works, but takes a little while. I am getting impatient myself but I don't want to ruin the surprise (which is probably more interesting to me than to anyone else).

    ReplyDelete