Sunday, January 16, 2011

1st Official Sewing Project

I started my sewing class about 2 weeks ago. It's once a week on Mondays. The first day of class we did some small little sewing "drills" so that we could look at them whenever we forgot what a certain stitch looked like. The second class we started to cut out our patterns & material and some of us began sewing together our first project - aprons! Our instructor let us know that our third class we would be skipping due to the MLK Holiday and to get our aprons as far along as we could prior to our next class because we would be starting our second project then (a robe). I finished my apron a few minutes ago and it's so stinkin' cute. I WAS going to use it in the kitchen but I don't want to get it dirty cause of how stinkin' cute it is, so it is now my crafting apron. Hopefully I don't get any paint on it! (how silly is that, I'd rather get paint on my clothes than on my shiny new apron!)

I also bought some really cute material for two gifts I'll be making (can you guess what they'll be?!). So off I go to start making those gifts...

Click image for larger view

3 comments: